Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been a long-standing commitment at ICICI Bank. The Bank’s contribution to social sector development includes several pioneering interventions and is implemented through the involvement of stakeholders within the Bank and through the broader community. The Bank established the ICICI Foundation for Inclusive Growth (ICICI Foundation) in 2008 with a view to significantly expand the activities in the area of CSR. Over the last few years ICICI Foundation has developed significant projects in specific areas, and has built capabilities for direct project implementation as opposed to extending financial support to other organisations.
CSR Project or Activity
1) Projects of ICICI Foundation for Inclusive Growth ( Amount spent on the projects 1,745 INR mn)
- Promoting education, awareness, employment, enhancing vocational skills, livelihood enhancement projects
- 22 skill training centres located in Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Durg, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Narsobawadi, Patna, Pune, Trichy, Vijaywada and Zirakpur.
- Eradication of hunger, poverty and malnutrition; promoting preventive healthcare through:
- Elementary education projects in Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh.
- Healthcare programmes including in Baran (Rajasthan).
2) Rural development and other related projects (Amount spent on the projects 4,678.6 INR mn)
- Rural development contribution done directly and through bank’s business correspondent network.
3) Contribution towards armed forces welfare (Amount spent on the projects 50 INR mn)
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veteran, war widows and their dependents by contribution made through Armed Forces Flag Day Fund and Kendriya Sainik Board.
4) Financial literacy (Amount spent on the projects 56.2 INR mn)
- Disha Trust set up to assist consumers in financial distress and provide counselling.
5) Miscellaneous (Amount spent on the projects 71.3 INR mn)
- This includes Women empowerment, promoting education, promoting healthcare, awareness campaign, Swachh Bharat, environment protection