Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been a long-standing commitment at ICICI Bank. The Bank’s contribution to social sector development includes several pioneering interventions and is implemented through the involvement of stakeholders within the Bank and through the broader community. The Bank established the ICICI Foundation for Inclusive Growth (ICICI Foundation) in 2008 with a view to significantly expand the activities in the area of CSR. Over the last few years ICICI Foundation has developed significant projects in specific areas, and has built capabilities for direct project implementation as opposed to extending financial support to other organisations.
1) Projects of ICICI Foundation for Inclusive Growth (Amount spent on the projects 710 INR mn)
2) Rural development projects including financial inclusion and financial literacy (Amount spent on the projects 2334.3 INR mn)
3) Contribution towards relief and welfare in calamity affected areas (Amount spent on the projects 76.5 INR mn)
4) Gift a Livelihood programme (Amount spent on the projects 25.7 INR mn)
5) Supporting research and capacity building in education sector (Amount spent on the projects 59.1 INR mn) where the Bank aims to:
6) Health sector related projects (Amount spent on the projects 7.1 INR mn)
7) Financial counsellling (Amount spent on the projects 16.9 INR mn)